24.8.05

First post to my Blog

So, I am sitting at work trying desperately to avoid any actual work. Here's a story for you all.

For the last two or three years, I have been wanting to get a scooter or a motorcycle or something along those lines. Well, I finally bought a scooter last Saturday. After much indecision as to what brand/type to get, I decided on a Piaggio LT150. These are the most popular model in Europe, but are not being imported to the US anymore. So Saturday afternoon, I went for a ride around Seattle, had an absolute blast! On Sunday, I didn't really do any riding, but I did go to the video store. On Monday, on my way to work, it sputtered and died. After a little disbelief, I called Ailisa and had her pick me up and take me the rest of the way to work.

I called the shop on Monday to get them to fix it Lo and behold, they are closed on Mondays...figures. I call Tuesday. I get a hold of the owner, tell him my story, he sends a tow truck without a moments hesitation. Scooter gets towed to shop. I get a call, "You're scooter is all done, where do you want us to drop it off?"
"WHAT?! Already?! AWESOME!!!! You can bring it by my work"
Scooter gets dropped off...
As I'm talking to the driver (Richard), I start up the scooter and get ready to ride it to the parking spot I had picked out. It sputters for a few minutes. Meanwhile I ask Richard if the sound is normal. He calls the shop to see what was done. I check the turn signals (which had never worked), and they were solid (ie not blinking). Richard comes over and says, " That's weird, that shouldn't happen." So he goes to shut off the blinkers (soliders?) by pushing the turn signal button. The whole bike shuts off, lights, Engine, Dashlights.

Without a moments hesitation Richard starts loading the scooter back onto the trailer.
Scooter is gone again. For the 5 days I've owned a scooter, it has been functional 1 1/2 days.

No comments: