8.9.05

Agassi is my hero

So last night, Andre Agassi did something incredible. He came back from a 2 set deficit to win 3-6 3-6 6-3 6-3 7-6 (8-6). That is unbelievable. He is my new hero. Now on to other stuff.

I love riding my scooter to work. I actually have many reasons, but I'll just indulge a few. I commute from West Seattle to Fremont. That's a 9 mile one-way trip that takes me through all sorts of cool places. I leave my house and get on Spokane St, which will take me under the main bridge (slower traffic). I see people shaving in their car, putting on makeup in their car, I even saw I guy changing in his car one time. I don't know why I never notice this stuff while I'm in my car, but there's got to be a reason.

Anyway, I go from quiet neighborhood to industrial area with construction, trucks, noise, and fumes. After the industrial area I ease into the waterfront. Since there is usually a lot of traffic in this area, I get sit at stoplights and witness people getting off the ferries to go to work, seagulls swooping McDonalds for food, vagrants swooping McDonalds for food, yuppies swooping Starbucks for food, and all the various smells associated with the waterfront area. I then progress in to the Belltown/waterfront area where people drive their fancy SUV's too fast and don't pay attention to anything around them. It's really quite exhilarating to be among the behemoths. Then comes my climb through the Seattle Center area and onto Dexter Ave. Once I get to Dexter, I see people who have already been at work and are now leaving to swoop the local coffee place. I also see other scooterists (acknowledging nods and waves ensue). Doesn't it feel good to be part of a community, even if you don't know anyone in it? Then I traverse down into Fremont, where the artists are plentiful and the bridges scare the sh*t out of me. As soon as I get on that thing the front and back tires get minds of their own. I have to fight with the bike to keep it upright. Okay, fight is the wrong word...perhaps scuffle. Then I'm at work.

The ride home is even better, but I'll save that for another post. In fact, I'll write a post solely about the amazing smells that I get to witness and experience. That's all for now.

No comments: