
So I've lived in (or near enough to) Seattle since 1993. Today was the first time I have been up in the Space Needle. Ailisa and I were at the Seattle Center for a college fair (looking at prospective Grad schools), and had some time to kill. The elevator ride up takes 84 seconds according to our elevator attendant. Also according to her, the top of the Needle moves 1 inch for every 10 mph of wind...so tonight it was moving anywhere from 2 to 5 inches. You couldn't see it, but you could definitely feel it. Sometimes Ailisa and I just lost our balance. We wouldn't fall over or anything, just stumble. We ventured out onto the outside of the observation deck. I could lean into the wind pretty well and have it support me. What wasn't very fun was the rain coming sideways that stung when it hit my face. I took a bunch of pics from my phone...I'll send them along soon.
Not really about anything in particular. Topics might include my daughter, brewing, or climbing. I just don't know what I'll be into at the time of writing.
25.10.05
First time on the Space Needle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment