
So last week Ailisa and I made a deal that if I cleaned out the storage unit, she would get me homebrewing equipment. I've been missing homebrewing since college, so she's had to deal with me talking about it for a few years now with no action....
Well, as of Saturday the 3rd, the storage unit is clean. As of Sunday the 4th at 11:30 pm, the first batch of "Winter Warmer" was created. "Winter Warmer" is the recipe I got with my homebrew kit from Bob's Homebrew Supply. "Winter Warmer" won't be the final name, Nillin and I have a little brainstorming to do over the next few weeks.

You know that saying, 'A watched pot never boils?' Well, it's totally untrue. After much scientific testing (hours and hours worth) using ocular spheres and a complex array of stainless steel instruments, the watched pot did indeed boil...and then boil over. The resulting malty mess on the burner proves that it does boil...oh wait I walked away for a second and it did that...I wasn't technically watching it. CRAP!

In any case, the actual cooking of the brew is now in the past. After cooling the wort (malty, hoppy goodness) in an ice bath that would have made one of Austen's penguins proud, the brew went into the white fermenting bucket and then promptly into my front closet. Anyone coming over be warned, your jackets will smell like fermenting beer if you put them in our closet. Probably better to just leave them on, or don't wear one.

I think perhaps the picture below would make a good label. We'll see though, we've got some design talent on this team.

No comments:
Post a Comment