So here is the first post after a month long unintended hiatus.
I guess there is lots of news that hasn't been passed along by me. So buckle up for a bumpy ride.
My parents came and visited for two weeks. I was the busiest I've been in a long time with gigs so I didn't get to see them as much as I would have liked. I was playing with Tacoma Opera (thx BC!) for their production of La Boheme. That was fun since I got to gig with VG & KG. Great peeps! My parents were able to come and see the show on Saturday and really enjoyed it. I'm glad they know that I'm playing in better and better shows...there were a few rough concerts in school that my parents suffered through. And to think they had to drive 2 hours to get there.
More news on my parents - My mother was doing a medical mission to Leyte and was involved in a bus crash. She's physically okay aside from bumps and bruises (major bruising) but the mental stuff is not going to play nice. Here is a photo of the crash.

If the bus hadn't hit the tree, then it would have careened of a cliff, hit the other side and plunged 50 feet into the ocean. It's possible that I might be exaggerating about hitting the other side of the cliff, but the plunging is spot on. The driver is the one who extricated my mom from where she was. Basically, that's to say he's not pinned by the tree like it looks in the photo.
I'll give more details if and when I get them. Right now that's all I know. Prayers are welcome and appreciated of course. If you're not a religious person, then maybe a little nod to whatever you do believe in as thanks for keeping my mother alive.
In other news, A has a new name....she was just Pizza or Pizza D for the longest time, but one of her kindergarten students recently got confused when she told them her name.
Ailisa: My name is Mrs Newhall, what is yours?
Student (exasperation in her voice): Did she say Mrs. Meatball?!
So now A's full nickname is Pizza Meatball. It actually works really well.
That's all for me. I now have to go back to work. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment