24.7.06

Semi-family reunion

So last Thursday my cousin Kacey and her husband Marc were in Seattle on vacation. Ailisa and I and Serena and Scott actually had a night off (imagine that) and were able to hang out with them, if only for the evening.

We started off with dinner and drinks at The Hi-Life (still known to locals as the Ballard Firehouse). Appetizers of fried Kasseri cheese and some Artichoke dip were tasty. Mojitos started the night of right also. We had lots of excellent conversation, which included the interesting tidbit that there was a chance that K & M might be moving to the Northwest. S&S and A&I made strong bids to get them here to Seattle...hopefully it works out.

Since Serena had to be up at 0'dark-thirty to get to massage school, she and Scott had to say goodnight right after dinner. Since it was a GORGEOUS evening, A&I offered to show K&M around Seattle. Really that just meant show them Alki, as Alki has its own magic that can enchant anyone.

We found a window seat (!!!) at The Celtic Swell and had even more good conversation over more drinks. I think we ended up staying out till close to midnight. Even at that late hour, the temperature was still comfortable at around 70 F.

Perfect cap to a great night. Cheers K&M! Hope we can do it again on a regular basis....that even includes if you move to Portland. :)

No comments: