19.2.07

MOMENTOUS OCCASION


For those of you who read my blog "regularly", you know that I have had to give up a few things since my lifestyle change. Going gluten-free was hardest on me from a beer drinking perspective. Not in the "I drink so much, cutting back gives me nothing else to do" way, but more in the "How will I do research for my very scientific experiments " sort of way.

I was recently inspired by a magazine article, which I wrote about last time. Tonight, for the first time since June 2006, I had a beer. Unfortunately, my tastes may have been skewed and are now biased from such a long hiatus, but to be honest, I think the new Gluten free beer from Anheuser-Busch is actually pretty good. (Is it actually from them or did they buy a little gluten free brewery?)

It's called Redbridge and I'm not going to go into any details about how it's made or what it's made from, since you can see that in the picture, but I will say that I drank a beer. And I liked it. Whether it was from the beer actually being good or from the fact that I haven't had a beer in so long doesn't really matter. I had beer.

No comments: