Almost a month later and the brew has been racked to the secondary fermenter. I doubt it's really going to ferment anymore, the OG was 1.065, the FG was 1.012 which left us with 1.053, which translates to a 7% alc by volume beer. I had NO IDEA I was going to get a result like that.
Mr. and Mrs. McKenzie helped with the transfer process and we were able to rack most of the 5 gallons into a 3 gal. and a 2 gal. carboy. In the 2 gal. carboy, I added about a 1/4 oz. of Centennial hops as a dry-hop additive. According to (Papazian? Palmer? Dave___?) a 1/2 oz. is the correct amount for 5 gallons. At 2 gal. that would be the same as 1/5 oz. I decided to eyball it instead of actually measure (and also since I like hoppy beers).
I'll post some pictures when I get home.
No comments:
Post a Comment