
Above are the oats I used in my Scotch Ale. They will add a nice hearty feel to the beer. YAY!!!

Here are those lovely malted grains that make me sneeze and get all stuffy...but damn is it worth it. I was aiming for a 1.053 specific gravity, but I overshot (not a bad thing at all) and got a 1.058. That's right in the mid-range for this beer, so it'll have a kick.

No, this is not pot or rabiit food. It's hop pellets. Some dastardly person got tired of having to strain out the leaf hops and invented these...they come all vacuum-packed and fancy...as soon as you open them though, the aroma engulfs you. MMMMM.......hops.

And the 'finished' product. The stuff on the bottom is all the hop remains. As of 8 am this morning, the brew was bubbling away happily. I'll try and get a video up today. We'll see if I can figure it out. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment