I left my condo this morning at 7:30 for an 8 mile ride to work. I managed to hit EVERY SINGLE red light. Some would think that was a bad thing, but my mentality about commuting totally changes when I'm on my scooter. I can almost feel connected to my environment. What I mean by that is that I'm not sitting in an air-conditioned (or heated) box listening to the radio and almost completely ignoring everyone and everything else. I get to be smelling the ocean as I ride by. I get to smell the diesel exhaust of the truck ahead of me (not my favorite). I am WAY more aware of my surroundings simply for the fact that I have to be. I can say that being more aware makes a HUGE difference in my enjoyment of the commute.
I wish it didn't take me 45 minutes to get here; I do miss the 15 minute drive. Hmm...what a quandary.
No comments:
Post a Comment