There is an issue that I have to bring up. Some people might not want me to talk about this (or write about it) but I feel that for the greater good, I must. I am compelled to do the right thing for the sanity of myself and the others I am directly in contact with on a day to day basis. Here is the issue.
Stuffed animals that make noise. (SATMN- close to SATAN, no?)
No really.....they suck. I honestly don't think they are a problem when they are in the proper location; in, say, a childs playroom or any room of a house with children in it for that matter. I dare say though that the workplace is an inappropriate place for SATMN.
I have two problems with SATMN being in a work environment.
1) They tend to send the wrong message about an organization. For instance, let's say the CEO of a major company comes walking through our building and sees one of these awful things IN A PUBLIC AREA (more on this later). What will he/she think? "Wow, wtf is going on in this place? Perhaps I'll take my business elsewhere."
2) Kids toy in a non-kid area. If there were kids around okay, but there aren't.
Does anyone elses company use SATMN to symbolize something? Whenever we 'sell' one of our products someone physically walks over and rings WINDCHIMES (another pet peeve of mine). If that's not enough, they then go and squeeze this little cow that moos (what else would it do?).
It used to be that they had a singing fish...you know, the one that is mounted and looks like a trophy bass or something. It had two songs and they used to play it at meetings. Let me just say that got old after the first time. This unholy cow (trust me no one would find this cow holy) sits on it's little shelf and moos everytime we have a 'sale'.
For the love of God, please stop it with the SATMN. They really do not work as motivational tools. They are motivating me to be angry and I don't need more reason to get anxious at work. I'm sure I'm like a lot of people who have a hard enough time getting up and actually dragging myself to work. Let's not give me reason to stay home.
No comments:
Post a Comment