Well-
Happy New Year everyone. Did everyone make their New Year's resolutions? I didn't. I'm actually feeling kind of guilty about that...but not really guilty.
So I guess this year will be a year of goals, not resolutions. The reason being, resolutions feel/sound like I'm doing something wrong. Since I have no regrets about making mistakes (instead I learn from them) I instead will set some goals that I will attempt to reach this year. Here they are in no particular order:
1. Get my ass in gear re: Grad school. It's getting easier to put off...and that is scary.
2. Go on at least 2 backpacking trips this year. No matter the season.
3. Go to Squamish at least 2 times. (are sub-goals allowed?)
-Lead a 5.9 trad route.
-Continue building trad rack (cams)
4. Summit one peak. (Prussik with Erik D? Something else with someone else?)
I think that's good for now. That's actually quite a lot. The thing that I don't say in there is that I'll need to do more walking and climbing in order to be able to achieve that stuff. What do you all think? Am I focused more on the outdoors/climbing than I am on my music?
Happy New Year everyone. Did everyone make their New Year's resolutions? I didn't. I'm actually feeling kind of guilty about that...but not really guilty.
So I guess this year will be a year of goals, not resolutions. The reason being, resolutions feel/sound like I'm doing something wrong. Since I have no regrets about making mistakes (instead I learn from them) I instead will set some goals that I will attempt to reach this year. Here they are in no particular order:
1. Get my ass in gear re: Grad school. It's getting easier to put off...and that is scary.
2. Go on at least 2 backpacking trips this year. No matter the season.
3. Go to Squamish at least 2 times. (are sub-goals allowed?)
-Lead a 5.9 trad route.
-Continue building trad rack (cams)
4. Summit one peak. (Prussik with Erik D? Something else with someone else?)
I think that's good for now. That's actually quite a lot. The thing that I don't say in there is that I'll need to do more walking and climbing in order to be able to achieve that stuff. What do you all think? Am I focused more on the outdoors/climbing than I am on my music?
On a totally unrelated note...
This is me playing during the Christmas Vigil at St. James. Ailisa got me this awesome long "natural" trumpet. I'm not sure what it's called...natural since it has no valves i guess.
I also played it on New Year's Eve right at midnight for the folks in the audience. I'll see if I can post a sound clip.

1 comment:
It's called a Didgeridoo. :P
Post a Comment