8.2.07

BAD IAN!!!

So, I cheated on myself. I ate wheat for the first time in 6 months (I think). One of the nice fellows I work with (owner of Salumi Cured Meats) brought in some yummy looking sandwiches that I just could not say no to. He comes up with all the recipes for various salamis, one of which, is a molé salami. It was the most fantastic salami I have ever had. Anyways, the sandwiches were also fantastic, but I am paying for them today. I'm not writing to get sympathy from anyone, I'm writing so that I have a written account that I look back on and say, "This is why I shouldn't eat wheat."

List of issues from wheat: (at least what I'm associating)
Stuffy nose
Bloated feeling
Stomach upset
Lack of good sleep (from stuffy nose?)
Mouth ulcer
Headache

If that's not enough, I don't know what would be. I actually regret eating yesterday. I can't I've ever regretted eating. Well, maybe the one time that Sam, Pizza and I went to the Rock Salt for Valentine's day. That was just plain bad. Cheesy location, awful food and the patrons were just as cheesy as the location (except for us of course).

That's it. Hope you've enjoyed it. hehe.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Hola the Ian! Has the wheat reaction gotten worse? What's your reaction to Beer like?

Asking because I found a pretty decent gluten/wheet-free beer in the UK: http://www.glutenfreebeers.co.uk/greens/index1.html
Don't know if you can get it in the US, but you should look into it!

In other news, PANDJUK is back up and running, we'll see how we do :-)

JR said...

You taught me how to count with all your sneezes. I can now count to 11.