Hello everyone who reads. I apologize for the infrequent postings. A lot has happened since my last post.
Ailisa's granny, and my grandmother-in-law, Peggy Dannenmiller, passed away on July 22nd. She was an amazing lady that I am so privileged to have met and gotten to know. Her outlook on life was different that almost everyone I know. The reason for that is that she was 101 when she passed away.
Peggy was born in in 1906. She lived through so many incredible world events, I can't begin to rattle them off.
Her love of reading and poetry astounded me. I relished the chance to discuss my latest read with her. She would always have a new poet to talk about or a new interesting article on music that Ailisa and I had missed. Her presence was comforting and warming all without even trying. As far as knowing that we'll never be able to talk again, that's absolutely devastating. There are spiritual aspects that of course are comforting. Knowing that she approved of me marrying Ailisa and welcoming me into the family so quickly was indicative of what the kind of welcome you'd get from Peggy.
Anyways, the memorial is on Sunday at Horizon House at 2:30. If you are interested in seeing how many lives she affected, feel free to come and say hello. If Peggy were here, she'd welcome everyone with open arms and learn all about you and your life history.
No comments:
Post a Comment