
So Pizza and I were playing around online the other day and I came across a post somewhere in a forum that said that Seattle Goodwill had some climbing gear. I was mainly looking for some antique stuff that would look cool in our new house (which we don't have...but are looking for). What I found were some awesome tennis racquets. Mind you, these are not current top of the line racquets, think more along the lines of Boris Becker and Michael Chang...How can I possibly know when these racquets were made or used, you ask?

Note the words next to "Panther"...no, not "Series", the other side..yeah, those. That's right, they say "Made in W. Germany".
For you kiddies out there who don't know why that is significant, or for those of you who have forgotten your history, check this link.
In case anyone is interested (as I am) in what else happened in 1990, you can check out this link. Some of my favorite goings on are:
- March 20 - Ferdinand Marcos's widow, Imelda Marcos, goes on trial for bribery, embezzlement, and racketeering.
- April 20 - STS-31: The Hubble Space Telescope is launched aboard Space Shuttle Discovery.
- August 19 - Leonard Bernstein conducts his final concert, ending with Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 7 performed by the Boston Symphony Orchestra.
- August 27 - Blues musician Stevie Ray Vaughan dies in a helicopter crash along with 4 others following a concert near East Troy, Wisconsin.
- November 13 - The first known World Wide Web page is written.
No comments:
Post a Comment