Well, our condo has been on the market for 11 days now. 11 days is the fastest that any house has sold in our area. Pizza and I both admitted to each other yesterday that the way we've been living has been very difficult.
Keeping your house spotless and in 'showroom' condition is tedious at best and irksome at worst. We did, however, cook dinner at home last night. A jar of pasta sauce (I wish I could have made it from scratch) and some ground beef over GF (Tinkyada) pasta with some wheat-free bread also drizzled (drenched) in pasta sauce.
I'm lucky in that I'm not allergic to gluten. I'm merely sensitive. I won't experience the disastrous effects like some folks will. I'll merely spend a few extra minutes in the restroom in relatively mild discomfort. I read a story recently about a lady who couldn't walk anymore when she found out she had celiac. She couldn't walk due to too much pain in her joints and muscles. When she stopped eating wheat and gluten, the swelling in her joints went away and she could walk pain-free.
I've led the GF lifestyle feeling as if I'm missing out. As the Gluten-Free Girl blog points out so damn eloquently, I shouldn't feel that way. There are so many amazing foods that I just need to open my eyes too. Granted, making these amazing foods well will require some training, but I think once I'm in a house, I will WANT to do it. While our kitchen in the condo is big, it's not the most functional. The cupboards are deep and clogged with stuff. Getting to something in the back means moving 6 appliances first. Hopefully our new house will be more user-friendly.
These were really just random thoughts that needed to be spewed. They stem from frustration with not really living in a place thats getting sold.
No comments:
Post a Comment