26.11.07

A lot has changed

Where to begin?
I just re-read one of my earlier posts about my thoughts on the way to work (traffic, drivers, mountains, etc.)

One of the things I noticed, was that I wrote I would be looking to move towards the mountains. Well, since I haven't updated in a while, I thought I'd better let people know what's happening.

Pizza and I sold our condo. We have to be out by the 29th of November (yeah, this coming Thursday). We are hoping to close on our new house (yes, we bought a house) the same day so we don't have to live in a hotel for a week.

The new house is located in the Pinehurst neighborhood of Seattle. If you are not familiar with it, you might think of it as North-Northgate, but not Shoreline. The house sits at 541 NE 127th St on a good sized lot. By good sized lot I mean a 1/4 of an acre. It's a 1950's style house that definitely shows its age right now. At least as far as the cosmetics go. The previous and only owner had to move out because of a declination in his health. He is the original owner and BUILDER. He must have been an engineer or architect, because the house is S O L I D. There is even plumbing awaiting a second bathroom. This guy thought of everything. There are nooks and crannies to store things, the access to the crawlspace is via the basement, so there is no access for critters from the outside.

Ok. I'm getting into the details before I do the basics. 1560 sq. ft. 3Bd, 1 Ba. Unfinished basement covers half the footprint of the house (the rest is crawlspace). We'll be redoing the floors as soon as we can (linoleum everywhere currently) and hopefully the kitchen as well. The stainless steel painted white cabinets are fantastically retro, but they have to go. Perhaps they'll go to the basement for more storage.

The range (two ovens!) will probably also have to go. As of right now, one of the burners doesn't work, but that's ok because it has a griddle. Perhaps we can get some money for it. Suggestions? I was thinking the REstore in Ballard (or Bellingham, but that's too far).

I need to get to work now, so I'll write more later.

1 comment:

Kaspian said...

OMG! I live 4 blocks away, across I-5 and 130th.

Erika