28.2.08

Almost March

Well, another month has gone by and I have only posted once (now twice). The drama of Ballet Bellevue is in the past and this has been a surprisingly long month. Must be that extra day. Oh, and happy birthday to all of you Leap-Year babies who don't get it often enough.

I've made a few big changes in my life vis-a-vis commuting to work. #1 I don't drive to work anymore. Occasionally, I'll ride the scooter, but it's more inconvenient from 10 miles away. #2 I take the bus to work almost everyday. This is a HUGE thing for me. Not only is it convenient, but my stress levels have decreased significantly. I get to listen to my music on the bus and maybe even get an extra half hour of sleep. (I wait for 20 minutes between buses)

While there are some sad sacks who ride the bus, I find that the majority of riders are people who just don't want the hassle of a car. They get on in their nice suits/dresses and read the paper and drink their coffee and don't worry about finding parking. Most of them probably ride to the tunnel where they can escape to their buildings without walking in the rain.

I get on the bus one block from my house, and get off one block from my office. It really is more convenient than driving or scootering. When I drive, I have to find a parking space and pay for it. When I scooter, it takes me 5-10 minutes of putting on layer after layer to a)keep warm b)keep dry c) keep safe. Don't read those as if they are in 'importance order'. They are in order of how I have to put on the layers. After everything is on, I don't have any option but to ride my scooter. I can't really adjust bags, glasses, helmet or anything. Don't even get me started on what happens if I have to use the bathroom once I'm all dressed. Basically, I'd rather put on a jacket and headphones and head to the bus stop. Although, the weather is getting so nice, that I might not even have to have a jacket for much longer!

Speaking of nice weather, Pizza and I went and picked up our BBQ from Brian and Chelsea. I now have the grill and the propane tank that serves a dual purpose. I can hook up the propane tank to my turkey fryer setup so that I can boil 5 gallons of water with sugars in it. Can anyone figure out what I'm talking about?

Travis, Ryan and Nillin probably can. Beer. I'm talking about beer. I'm going to refill the tank and then get my brew on hopefully this weekend. Maybe next week though. Ok, I'm at work and should probably act like it. Take it easy.

No comments: