8.3.08

Hooray for Green's!!!!!

Pizza and I went to Central Market last night. On a whim, I went to check out the beer section. I discovered a Belgian breweries GF ale selection. So far I've only partaken of their Dubbel Dark Ale. Fantastic. Outstanding. (I'd come up with more adjectives, but the 7.0% is affecting my speech/writing)

I'm so giddy about the ales that I've done numerous dances this afternoon. I would drink them all right now, but I think I'd be belligerent by 4:00pm. Which is, of course, unacceptable by most standards. Perhaps if I were still in college or at least lived in the U District. Alas, I do not and I am not, so relatively sober I stay.

There are two more ales awaiting my pallet. Since I've now gotten to the bottom of the bottle, and what a large bottle it was, I will sign off for fear of making a lot of mistakes.

For those of you who can and regularly do drink regular beer, please have a taste of this one. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised that this is VERY VERY close to the real thing. Fruity notes, good mouthfeel, caramel-ly aftertaste and no real bitterness. The hops are present in the most subtle way. Hooray for Green's.

No comments: