25.3.11

Health updates

Ailisa has been had some pretty bad pains the last week. On Wednesday they were pretty unbearable, so we went to see her doctor right away. The doctor said, "round ligament inflammation" and said that bed rest and acetaminophen would be the best way to feel better.

Well, yesterday I got a call from Ailisa saying that her pain is worse and she thinks we should go to the hospital. I immediately drove home and took her to UW Med Center and got her checked in to the Labor and Delivery unit. No, we didn't have the baby yesterday.  She was having contractions (without knowing it) and was still in a lot of pain. After 6 hours of various tests and numerous pokes and prods by myriad doctors and specialists, the third or fourth ultrasound gave us an idea of what was going on. Turns out she has a benign growth called a fibroid that is poking out of her belly. We both thought it was the Lil' Miss' shoulder or something.

Well, both her and the baby are back home and have been put on bed rest. Basically, she can have acetaminophen for the pain or she can lie about and stay off her feet. If you know Ailisa, you know that only God knows how long that will last.

Anyway, we've gotten a lot of moral support from everyone and I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge that since I can't take the time to do it one by one. We are truly grateful for all of the prayers, positive thoughts and energy and whatever it is you choose to show support. I will be showing my support by drinking a beer later and maybe falling asleep earlier than usual.

No comments: