Ailisa has been ordered to bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy. It seems that this problem of the fibroid is serious enough that it causes not only immense pain, but an increase in blood pressure and heart rate in both Ailisa and the baby. Luckily, we're only a few weeks away from the due date.
Anyone who knows Ailisa will know that she does not take to lounging about. She will want to clean or organize or re-organize daily. According to our doctor, it is my responsibility to take over for her in all of the daily duties. That's fine and dandy with me...but I don't have the same cleaning style or need as her. She likes things just so and I am not quite as particular. I'll just have to take direction well.
The baby is kicking and active again after not being so active during the severe pain Ailisa was experiencing. Phew.
We're saddened by having to postpone the family baby shower but we know it is the right thing to do. Just trying to get Ailisa to a party in Olympia in her current state would be detrimental and no fun for her. Thanks for Donna for bringing a Bed Rest Bundle for Ailisa to read and digest over the next few weeks (probably days actually, so I'll have to come up with something too).
More later.
No comments:
Post a Comment