26.5.06

Memorial Day Weekend.....

So we finally have a long weekend again. I am super ready for it. In fact, I think I have already mentally checked out from the 'important' work I do here. Perhaps it'd be better for everyone if I just went home (or to the brewstore for more supplies). I found an article recently that related All-grain brewing to brewing coffee. Fascinating stuff...and tempting to try.

I mean...I've been thinking about doing small batches of beer for testing purposes...but this seems really easy. I know the majority of the steps from the mini-mashes I've been doing. Maybe sometime this LONG weekend. I'll have time and a little extra money to give it a try.

UPDATE: The brown ale has just about finished bubbling in the fermenter. I think it's time to transfer to a glass carboy for secondary fermentation/more clarification. I have to remember to take a Specific Gravity reading....I haven't been consistent about that. (The fact that I'm remembering now doesn't mean anything.) I'm really excited to taste the bit I get out for the hydrometer. I think I'll try and transfer right after work....that way next weekend I can bottle it and have it ready for either a graduation party or for a b-day party.

OK...enough dawdling...back to work I go...la la la la.

No comments: