9.11.07

I hate my Windows PC and laptop

Ok. So I've been a PC user all my life. I grew up with PCs starting with an 8086. So it's not like I've always been biased. I was reluctant to switch to a Mac a few years ago and in fact messed up my first one trying to organize files myself... (Don't say anything.)

Anyways, I'm trying to sync my iPhone with my computer (Windows laptop) here at work since my iBook at home is underpowered for the newer versions of iTunes. I have my calendar in Google calendar because I can access it from anywhere. Well, Google calendar doesn't play nicely with Outlook. So I thought I'd use Mozilla Sunbird. Sunbird doesn't play nicely with iPhone (or any phone for that matter).
I thought I'd download an open source program to help gCal sync with Outlook....requires .NET framework 2.o. Truth be told, I'm going to deal with my phone the way it is. I don't want all these extra add-on programs on my computer mucking up my registry files and taking up space that could otherwise be used for episodes of Pinky and Brain or my latest discovery, Reaper. (Yeah, I said work computer.)

So, long story short, don't bother trying to get your PC with your iPhone. It is more frustration that its worth. I'll keep letting Ailisa use her machine for it until we move into our new house (don't have one yet, but we're looking) and get the G5 tower set up. GOD I can't wait.

No comments: